Our library was one of five to be selected to participate in the first phase of the National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled (NLS) Braille eReader pilot. The Braille eReader has a 20-cell braille display, an eight-key, Perkins-style keyboard. The library is currently contacting our library patrons who are active braille readers to invite them to particpate in the pilot. If you would like more information or would like to particpate in the project, please contact Tyler Swett, Accessible Media Specialist, 515-452-1343 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals must be a patron of our library before they are able to participate in the project.
Braille eReader Resources
- Physical Description
- What’s in the main menu?
- Power Management
- How to Pair the eReader with an iOS Device
- How to Transfer Books from External Media
- How to Connect to a Wireless Network
- How to Download Books from BARD
- Interacting with the Device
- How to Read a Book
- File Management
- How to Transfer Books from a Cartridge
- How to Get Help