The library offers various programs for adults. Watch the library blog and calendar for other programs throughout the year.
The library hosts an adult book discussion group every month. Participants read the same book and then participate through a telephone discussion which lasts about an hour. Discussions are at 2:00 p. m. If you are interested in participating please contact Deena Cross, firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-452-1314.
Tuesday Book Group
This group meets every other month starting in February (February, April, June, August, October and December) at 2:00pm. The Tuesday the groups meet will depend on the month.
2021 Dates for Tuesday Book Group:
- February 9, 2021: Have You Seen Luis Velez? by Catherine Ryan Hyde DB96316
- April 13, 2021: The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson DB95243
- June 8, 2021
- August 10, 2021
- October 12, 2021
- December 14, 2021
Thursday Book Group
This group meets every other month starting in January (January, March, May, July, September and November) at 2:00pm.
2021 Dates for Thursday Book Group:
- January 21, 2021: Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly DB84356
- March 18, 2021: Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes DB33245 BR18365
- May 20, 2021: The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood DB24695 BR11911
- July 22, 2021
- September 16, 2021
- November 18, 2021