The Iowa Department for the Blind serves blind and visually impaired Iowans through an array of services, including vocational rehabilitation, independent living and an orientation center for blind adults.
Empower blind Iowans to be gainfully employed and live independently.
To be the world’s leader in blind rehabilitation services.
We value blind Iowans therefore:
- We believe in each individual’s ability to be independent
- We act with a sense of urgency and responsiveness in serving every individual
- We support each individual’s right to informed choices
- We value engagement and independence for individuals of all ages
- We promote a positive attitude toward blindness
- We expect blind persons to achieve their full potential
- We provide opportunities for blind persons to be fully contributing members of their communities
All staff are valued and expected to demonstrate:
- Passion for what we do everyday
- Commitment to make positive differences in the lives of blind Iowans
- Respect for the contributions of each staff member
- Ethical behavior, honesty, integrity and trustworthiness
- Innovative and proactive approaches in serving each client
- Progressive and professional leadership
- Collaboration and teamwork that benefits each individual we serve
- Collaboration with community, local, state and federal partners
To learn more about services, contact the Department at (515) 281-1333 or (800) 362-2587 within Iowa. You can also e-mail the Department at email@example.com or check out its website at www.IDBonline.org