Our Friends group gave a $12,000 donation this year to the library, as well as an additional $9,000.00 for the purchase of a new 3D printer.
These funds helped the Library do so much over the last year including:
- Add activity kits to the Youth Library and Makerspace
- Provide Kindle Fires for volunteer audio narrators to use when recording books
- Purchasing program materials for youth activities
- Support of the Iowa Regional Braille Challenge activities
- Print/Braille and large print books for the youth collection
- Support the library’s outreach activities
We would like to thank our Friends Group for their financial support and the advocacy work they do for our library. These help the library provide great programs and services across the state.
Save the Date: Annual Friends of the Library Holiday Concert
Friday, November 17, 2023 from 7:00pm – 9:30pm
at the Iowa Department for the Blind (540 4th Street, Des Moines, IA)
Sing along with Antique Harmony and Midnight Madness Barbershop Quartets
All proceeds from the concert will go to the Friends of the Library
For more information about the Friends of the Iowa Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped fundraising and membership initiatives check out their website at http://www.iafriendslibraryfortheblind.org/