Did you know Chimpanzees can communicate by using Sign Language? This month, get excited about learning how bubble gum is made, and not just bubble gum, but learn the step-by-step process of what it took to build the Empire State Building, which by the way is 1,454 Feet Tall! From a jaguar to basketball and music, this month’s Story Box Program covers all the bases.
Each month young patrons in the program will receive a special box filled with books – audio or braille or large print – and goodies centered around a neighborhood theme.
The audio books included in this month’s Story Box Program focused on Neighborhood Collection – Our World!
- DB102343 Above the Rim by Kimberly and Jen Bryant
- DB104782 Areli the Dreamer by Areli Morales
- DB71676 Pop! The Invention of Bubble Gum by Meghan McCarthy
- DB101604 At the Mountain’s Base by Traci Sorell
- DB37297 The Bicycle Man by Allen Say
- DB102068 Hair Love by Matthew A Cherry
- DB105270 Grandude’s Green Submarine by Paul McCartney
- DB85028 I am Jazz by Jessica Herthel
- DB60652 A Week in the Woods by Andrew Clements
- DB82083 A Boy and a Jaguar by Alan Rabinowitz
- DB78118 Sky Boys: and How They Built the Empire State Building by Deborah Hopkinson
- DB95332 Guitar Genius by Kim Tomsic
- DBC20076 The Elephants Come Home by Kim Tomsic
- DB19679 The Boy Who Spoke Chimp by Jane Yolen
If you are interested in subscribing to Story Box Program, please complete this registration form or contact Denise Bean, Youth Services Librarian, at 515.452.1338 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribed.