Our Friends group gave a $12,000 donation this year to the library. These funds helped the Library do so much over the last year including:
- Add activity kits to the Youth Library and Makerspace
- Provide Kindle Fires for volunteer audio narrators to use when recording books
- Purchasing program materials for youth activities
- Support of the Iowa Regional Braille Challenge activities
- Print/Braille and large print books for the youth collection
- Support the library’s outreach activities
We would like to thank our Friends Group for their financial support and the advocacy work they do for our library. These help the library provide great programs and services across the state.
For more information about the Friends of the Iowa Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped fundraising and membership, initiatives check out their website at http://www.iafriendslibraryfortheblind.org/
National Friends of Libraries Week is coordinated by United for Libraries, a division of the American Library Association with approximately 4,000 personal and group members representing hundreds of thousands of library supporters. United for Libraries supports those who govern, promote, advocate, and fundraise for libraries, and brings together library trustees, advocates, friends, and foundations into a partnership that creates a powerful force for libraries in the 21st century. For more information, visit www.ala.org/united.