In December’s Library Chat Podcast, we continue our new format where we invite a different library staff member to join us as a special guest. They will choose the topic to be discussed during Library Chat and we will talk to them about what they do on the library team, as well as books and podcasts around their chosen topic.
For December’s Library Chat Leland Smith, Instructional Materials Center Service Specialist joins us to talk about the topic of Stoic philosophy, being mindful and finding focus. Leland shares with us about his work in the library and Instructional Materials Center, books, and braille.
Books we discussed during the podcast:
- Tiny Habits; the small changes that change everything by B.J. Fogg DB98294
- Designing Your Work Life: how to thrive and change and find happiness at work by Bill Burnett and Dave Evans DBC19897
- Crucial Conversations: tools for talking when the stakes are high by Kerry Patterson DB55247
- Radical Candor: be a kick-ass boss without losing your humanity by Kim Scott DB90667
- Why We Sleep: unlocking the power of sleep and dreams by Matthew Walker DB86978
- Breath: the new science of a lost art by James Nestor Bridges
- Atomic habits: tiny changes, remarkable results: an easy & proven way to build good habits and break bad ones by James Clear DB92857
- Laugh Again by Charles Swindoll DBC01569
Podcast we discussed:
Stoic Coffee Break by Erick Cloward
A weekly meditation on how Stoic principles can help you be a better human.